For a PhD from Anna University, you need to know these five latest changes in the PhD program
Are you intending to take up a PhD from Anna University? You must know these following details. There are two categories of PhD programmes available. One is the Full-Time PhD Programme, and the other is a Part-Time PhD programme.
- Those scholars who decide to and get selected for the Full-Time PhD programme would have to do their research within the university and have to be available on the campus for varied kinds of curricular and co-curricular initiatives.
- If you have got an approved project from the government (Central or State), and you also have approved funding from the University, you can register yourself with a supervisor of the University. It is essential that the supervisor chosen has the approval from the University. Besides, your research department should also be the recognised research centre of the University.
- For employed candidates who already have a job and choose to take up a full-time programme, should have to sponsor from their employers as a necessary requisite and should have the approval of a granted leave for the stipulated time they are expected to be present on the campus. They must ensure that they have a formal relieving from their work for joining in the research programme.
- All those candidates who have got sponsorship from AICTE and are convincingly able to satisfy the eligibility conditions need to opt for the full-time programme only. This is so because it is notified in the guidelines given by AICTE. Similarly, those who are selected for a National Level Fellowship programme by a recognised body by the regulations have the permission to apply for a full-time programme in their own respective specialisations.
- For the Foreign residents who wish to pursue their doctoral studies from India or are here in the country on the grounds of an exchange programme have to also satisfy the eligibility requirements and then can apply for a full-time PhD programme in their area of specialisation.
Apart from this, for the part-time programme, the following candidates are eligible to apply. Regular and full-time teachers at university or affiliated colleges, polytechnics within the state of Tamil Nadu, Industrial employees who are working in recognised organisations or laboratories within the state.